We’re already halfway through our Instagram photo contest in collaboration with docomo and have seen some stellar entries so far — all spreading the love for Japan and giving us the feels, as they say. If you haven’t heard, submissions are in for a chance to win three weeks’ worth of free Wi-Fi with docomo Wi-Fi for visitors, a premium service that securely connects you to more than 100,000 hotspots across the country. To enter, it’s simply a matter of sharing your favorite Japan travel photo, captioning it with one thing that you love about Japan then tagging it #docomowififorvisitors so we can see it!
By way of appreciation for all the entries so far (and since winners are picked at random) we wanted to share, in no particular order, some of our favorites so far.
1. Marathon man @runner_thursfield says he loves exploring the many magical places around Japan including temples and shrines such as this one, the definition of the “extra” meme trend:
2. As a big fan of the neon signs, @Car0lk captured this shot of one Japan’s most famous:
3. One of our first Wi-Fi winners, @sophier1234 , snapped this pic in Iidabashi station, saying that she loves “the beauty of the everyday scenery of Japan.” We couldn’t agree more.
4. Hiroyuki @tmkhryk tagged this summer shot of clamming in Okinawa, one of his favorite things to do in Japan!
5. Dutch traveler @lady_hotaru shared this poignant memory of cherry blossoms from her last trip to Japan, captioning it: “Can’t wait to visit again and make another photo of this exact tree.”
View this post on Instagram
What I love about Japan is difficult to describe in words. I love how ever changing the country is, and yet many things have stayed the same. I love how the past coexists with the present and even the future. Sakura trees in the middle of the city, a jidouhanbaiki next to an ancient temple. Can't wait to visit Japan again this September, and make another photo of this exact tree 💜 #docomowififorvisitors
6. Foodie @majvilhelmiina made this sushi plate. She just landed in Japan and happily is on more eating adventures!
View this post on Instagram
One of my favourite things about #Japan is the country's amazing, always fresh #food and #sushi in particular. Can't wait to eat there soon again! On my last trip, I took a course in #sushimaking 🤗😊 #japanianpienlähettiläs #tb #docomowififorvisitors #seeyousoon @gaijinpot
7. Traveler @grantwall took this feline portrait in Tashirojima when exploring off the beaten track, one of his favorite things to do. Also: cats!
8. It’s always nice to hear stories like this one from @jacq_tanoto who climbed a mountain in the middle of the night and made some unforgettable memories.
Climbed the mountain in the middle of the night, with no preparations, not even a flashlight, we use only our phone's flash light, most are almost dead, took us almost an hour to climb, and almost gave up mid way, but when we get to the top of Daimonji mountain, it was worth it! The night view of kyoto on top of the mountain is breathtaking, I'll never forget this moment #kakehashiprogram #docomowififorvisitors #jacqsmunchiesgoestojapan #daimonji #midnighthiking
9. Simply a great shot from user @janice_unwanted taken at Kawaii Monster Cafe in Harajuku.
10. *Heart eyes emoji* for this adorable shot from second-round winner @lukejbradshaw and his wife who are big fans of the ¥100 sushi. Who isn’t?
There are still two weeks to go and 11 more winners to be blessed with unlimited internet access for their trip. So, if you’re traveling to Japan soon, check it out!
About Docomo Wi-Fi for Visitors
With more than 100,000 secure hotspots across the country (including at convenience stores, cafés, shops, attractions and even Mt. Fuji), get a reliable online connection pretty much everywhere in Japan with docomo Wi-Fi for visitors. Once you register for an account, you can connect to the web at docomo’s Wi-Fi access points nationwide. It’s safe, fast and reliable — and it also features a cute mushroom mascot. Learn more about the service on the docomo Wi-Fi for visitors official page.