Win a Cool Local Tour of Shimokitazawa
GaijinPot is giving away a free guided tour of Tokyo’s coolest neighborhood, Shimokitazawa, in a special photo contest on Instagram starting today.
We’ll also give ¥10,000 extra cash for you and your friends to spend on the tour. Plus, you’ll have a chance to be featured on the GaijinPot Instagram and receive a bunch of highly sought-after GaijinPot merch.
The winner and their friends will get to go on a unique evening tour of Shimokitazawa featuring bar-hopping, record shopping, and backstreet exploring. We’ll also give them ¥10,000 spending money to treat themselves (and their mates if they’re feeling generous) while they’re in town.
Run by Ellista Local Tours, the tour takes you to some of the neighborhood’s best-known institutions as well as new joints on the block, bringing you behind the bohemian scenes of every trendy Tokyoite’s favorite hangout. There will be booze! Banter! Music! Donuts! And more! You can check out a breakdown of the tour here.
Share Your Shimokitazawa Snap On Instagram to Win
For a chance to win the tour, plus the GaijinPot collectibles, all you have to do is share a photo that you took of Shimokitazawa (make sure to add the location) and tag it with #GaijinPotShimokitazawa.
- It could be a new picture or a throwback from the past — both are OK
- The photo could be of anything as long as it’s in Shimokitazawa and is representative of the area in some way (that basically means no nudes, thanks)
- You should share your photo between March 15th and midnight on April 15th
- Don’t forget to tag it #GaijinPotShimokitazawa
- If you’re not already (um, what?) follow us @GaijinPot
Two winners will be picked from the best of all the entries and notified by us sliding into your DMs before the end of April.
We’ll also be posting a selection of the best photos on the GaijinPot Instagram to properly feature your awesome talent. An Insta gallery will be posted shortly after the contest closes, and your photo will be credited with your handle.
T’s & C’s
- This contest is in partnership with Odakyu Electric Railway and Ellista Local Tours
- The giveaway is open worldwide but winners must be in Japan sometime in May to June for the tour
- Participants must be over 20 years of age at the time of entry
- Tours are provided for up to four people and will take place on a date chosen by the winner (during May and June)
- Spending money for the winner will be given either by bank transfer or cash in hand
- Exact contents of the tour may be subject to change without advance notice
- GaijinPot reserves the right to decide prize winners and give or take away prizes as authorized by our company
- GaijinPot and affiliates will not be liable for any matters related to participation in this promotion once the tour has been booked by the winner