Traveling Japan? Win Free Access to Docomo’s Wi-Fi Network
GaijinPot is collaborating with Japan’s leading Wi-Fi provider to offer free individual internet access to tourists in a month-long Instagram contest!
In Japan, Wi-Fi is actually quite hard to find. Unless you’re willing to opt for a pricey prepaid SIM, lug around a chunky pocket Wi-Fi or try your luck with the few unsecured public networks available, getting online can be a right pain in the oshiri (that’s Japanese for butt).
Now, the #struggle is no more.
Share your Japan travel pic on Instagram to win
Well, not for the next four weeks anyway, as docomo (Japan’s biggest mobile phone operator, don’t ya know) is giving away free access codes to its nationwide Wi-Fi hotspots in an Instagram contest!
As part of a promotion of its popular docomo Wi-Fi for visitors service, 20 lucky smart devices and their owners will be in with a chance to win a coupon code that lets you access any secure docomo hotspot for up to three weeks.
To enter, all you have to do is these four things:
- Share your Japan travel photo on Instagram (a throwback from the past is also OK)
- Caption the photo with one thing that you love about traveling here
- Tag the photo with #docomowififorvisitors to complete your submission
- If you’re not already, follow us at @gaijinpot 🙂
It can be any photo of traveling in Japan that you took. You can be in it, or not — either is OK. Also, we won’t judge if you use a filter. #filterlife
*There will also be a super secret surprise campaign at some point for anybody who hasn’t traveled to Japan before but is planning to in the future. Keep a beady eye on the GaijinPot Facebook page for it.
A coupon for a three-week docomo Wi-Fi for visitors plan. Valid for one device only, for three weeks from the day of activation. Winners will be chosen at random every few days and notified via the GaijinPot Instagram account (after we’ll send your coupon code to you with instructions on how to use it!).
What’s docomo Wi-Fi for visitors?
With more than 100,000 secure hotspots across the country (including at convenience stores, cafés, shops, attractions and even Mt. Fuji), you can get a reliable online connection pretty much everywhere in Japan with docomo Wi-Fi for visitors. Once you register for an account, you can connect to the web at docomo’s Wi-Fi access points nationwide. It’s safe, fast and reliable — and it also features a cute mushroom mascot. Learn more about the service on the docomo Wi-Fi for visitors official page.
Prize terms and conditions
- The giveaway is open worldwide.
- Participants must be over 18 years of age at the time of entry.
- Prize winners will be drawn at random several times throughout the month-long campaign.
- GaijinPot reserves the right to decide prize winners and give or take away prizes as authorized by our company.
- GaijinPot and affiliates will not be liable for any matters related to participation in this promotion once the coupon code has been activated by the winner.